Friday, August 28, 2015

Adirondacks Plein Air Festival 2015

I had a great time as usual in the Adirondacks last week during the Adirondack Plein Air Festival. A collection of 50 Artists participate painting the landscape. There are awards and honors for different categories. One of my watercolors took the prize for Outstanding Watercolor and I won 2nd place in the Quick Draw contest. Below you can see all my work during the days that I painted. The show was juried by Kirk Larsen, an accomplished plein air painter himself. I enjoyed his commentary on the works that he chose for different categories and appreciated his enthusiasm. He donated some of his own money for extra prize categories that he felt were needed. The time spent doing this event every year is so refreshing and energizing.  It's so good to get away out in Mother Nature.



Display of paintings at the show up for sale. The third from left won for "Outstanding Watercolor" in the show. 
"Passage"at Paul Smiths



a warmup sketch under the bridge looking towards Tupper Lake from Bog River Falls
"the Rock at Bog River Falls" larger painting done in the afternoon

Morning Mist at the Fish and Game club in Saranac Lake at the crack of dawn

smaller study looking towards the mountains from the Fish and Game club

My dear friend Inge and myself posing in front our work at the show



"Quick Draw" painting done within 2 hours for the contest - took 2nd prize!

Kirk Larsen selecting my painting for Quick Draw 2nd place

just a lil ditty of the next door house porch



Click to like and follow my Facebook page

No comments: