Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nudes #1190, 1191, 1192 by Gretchen Kelly

I've been playing with new techniques and colors. I always have to keep myself engaged and by trying new ideas, I keep myself interested in the same thing that I've been doing for years. By starting with One minute poses, I had prepped surfaces with ombre watercolor backgrounds. I then used bleach to swish the gesture down and added graphite + pastel to define. It worked in some cases but not others. Some colors took the bleach and others did not. Later when the surface dried I painted white gouache to define the figure more. I wish it worked better for the instantaneous One minute poses, but the bleach is not swift enough for the short time slot of one minute.

Nude #1190
 11"x15" watercolor, gouache, bleach, pastel, graphite
$125.
 Nude #1191
11"x15" watercolor, gouache, bleach, pastel, graphite
$125.



Nude #1192
 11"x15" watercolor, gouache, bleach, pastel, graphite
$125.





No comments: