Monday, March 18, 2013

Nudes #1184 + #1185 - watercolor sketches by Gretchen Kelly

Nude #1184 - 15"x22" watercolor, gouache, graphite
email me to purchase for $200.
Nude #1185
13"x19.5" watercolor, gouache, pastel + graphite on honey color paper
email me to purchase for $200.
 Both of these gesture sketches were painted during a 25 minute pose. I haven't been painting from a live model much lately. Not since last fall, about 4 months ago. I really haven't gone that long without painting from a model since, I don't know when. I am very
rusty and that is interesting to see how it's just like when you play an instrument.... you are
in fine tune with the instrument when you practice regularly. I will be diligent about attendance at my weekly sessions because I don't like feeling rusty.


No comments: