Sunday, July 11, 2010

Nude #887 - watercolor nude by Gretchen Kelly


13" x 19" watercolor, gouache, graphite + pastel on paper
SOLD to a collector in Maryland

Today I finally got back to figure painting from a live model after about one month away from it. I really don't like going that long without painting from a live model. On another note- I also am taking an instructional class painting the figure to brush up - literally. I am working in acrylic and find it so slow. I am not used to taking my time painting the figure. But, I like to shake it up all the time with diversity in my painting practice. I like to remain teachable and am open to learning from others as well as good teachers, and I have one that I really am learning some simple basic things from when painting with acrylics. At a later date I will post some of those figurative works.

No comments: