Saturday, December 26, 2009

12 FAVE ARTist countdown: Takeyce Walter

Takeyce Walter is a Hudson River Valley Artist. I met her through the Daily Painters website and we have shared some of our love for the Hudson River. My favorite paintings of Takeyce's are of bodies of water that meander into the distance taking me along on a serene float into nature's beauty. She often paints the waterways of the Hudson River, the Mohawk River and various lakes in the Adirondacks.









Takeyce paints the four seasons through the course of the year.


These two paintings are the familiar view from Olana, where I often paint this very same view through the course of the four seasons of the year.


It was these colorful birch tree paintings that first caught my eye a few years ago on the Daily Painters Gallery. Takeyce sells regularly from her blog and local shows. I don't think she has a large inventory of paintings taking up space. Takeyce, myself, Jamie Grossman + Jan Blencowe had a Daily Painters of the Hudson Valley Landscape show in Rhinebeck, NY last June. I hope we can do it again in the future.

These grass tufts in snowfields are familiar textures to a landscape painter like myself and Takeyce has a way of capturing the very essence of color, texture and quiet peacefulness where I can just hear my footsteps trudging through the fields and the smell of winter cold air. I really feel like I am in the landscape that she is painting....don't you....

1 comment:

Takeyce Walter said...

Thanks so much, Gretchen!