Monday, December 21, 2009

12 Days of FAVE ARTists (countdown): EDWARD B. GORDON






Edward B. Gordon is a Daily Painter. He's painted over 1100
paintings and it all started in Nov. 2006. (the one at left is no. 1100)
Edward's paintings are in high demand and he is able to conduct his own auction on his blog each day where buyers can submit a bid and the highest bid for the day gets the painting. All his paintings sell out. I first saw him on the Daily Painters website (not there anymore) and now I follow him on Facebook which is where I follow a lot Artists posting their work for all to see. It's a new forum to show and tell and there is a little more intimacy on FB where you can easily leave a comment or click the "like" button. It lets the person know you stopped by to say "Hello". He is one of my global buddies that I have yet to meet...and maybe I will someday. His paintings are dramatic, high in contrast that draws you in to look closer. I like seeing the daily life in Berlin where he lives. I feel like l know the streets, the bridges, the architecture in Berlin because I have examined his work closely and a feeling is conveyed as the harsh early morning sunlight streams through building's sillouettes and the smoke billows from construction sites.






























 Not only does he do scenic but he also paints figurative.... 















Another thing I love about his posts are the prelim sketches which show the underpinnings of his compositions.




This painting depicts Edward 's new studio where he is moving to soon in another part of the city. It has beautiful northern light. You can see more pictures of it on his blog.
Thanks Edward for being so devoted to your practice of daily painting and for showing it globally.




4 comments:

Edward B. Gordon said...

thank you so much dear Gretchen !

VH McKenzie said...

another wonderful artist you have shared with us, Gretchen -- thank you.

Showing up for the Muse said...

Tilly says- I do love these vistas of Berlin. thank you

David Larson Evans said...

He is my hero, great idea Gretchen.