Friday, November 13, 2009

Soft Swirl Girl - original portrait by Gretchen Kelly

Soft Swirl Girl - original portrait by Gretchen Kelly
Soft Swirl Girl - original portrait by Gretchen Kelly, painting by Gretchen Kelly

8.5" x 11" gouache + pigment on card

I have taken imagery from a vintage 60's magazine again and placed this portrait over paisley patterns that I was creating color combinations with. I named this portrait based on the memory of an old Donovan song called "Mellow Yellow" but this is in soft ash white colors and dusty shades of lavender and blueberry. It made me think of soft swirl ice cream from Carvel's. Remember that! Yummy -and they are still around. I would pick a vanilla brown bonnet over Ben + Jerry's Cherry Garcia any day. Now I crave ice-cream and I just broke that habit at the end of the summer.

For price: EMAIL ME!

No comments: