Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not Lady Gaga- original portrait by Gretchen Kelly



9"x 13.5" acrylic + graphite on wood
SOLD

Remember Cher? Lady GaGa is not old enough to, but she definitely takes cues from this original who was always before her time and sometimes in her own time zone. I have to admit that I was a huge fan of Cher's 70's TV show on Saturday night after the Carol Burnett show. I loved her costumes designed by Bob Mackie. This image of Cher's face is from the late 60's - another shot I found in a vintage Vogue fashion spread. She was a trend setter when she came on the scene with Sonny. It was a look all her own.

2 comments:

BMoon said...

Love your work, Gretchen. This one is especially fab...the facial expression and all that decoration. Lovely.

loriann said...

Beautiful. I love the way the face is so expressive and in black and white. While the patterned fabric is in a limited palette of reds and pinks with that touch of green. Genius!