Monday, June 15, 2009

Princess Painting - original watercolor portrait by Gretchen Kelly


4.5" x 6.5" - watercolor, gouache, graphite on paper

At paperscissorsOranges, there is always a "castle" for the kids to paint. The other day when I snapped this picture, there was a princess painting the castle. The castle was made by me and it's really supposed to be a fancy barn. Through the years at PSO, there have been many architectural structures, contemporary sculptures and undefinable constructions that have taken on layers and layers of paint. I have photographed many of them through time. In fact, on my other blog- www.gksuniverse.blogspot.com - you can see one that I reviewed last December.
For commissions: EMAIL ME!

2 comments:

olha pryymak said...

absolutely love your children-themed pieces! Such great compositions and spontaneity! Very inspiring ;)

Gretchen Kelly said...

Thanks Olha,
I have always wanted to this and have been enjoying it as I take a break from painting nudes....