Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bathing Boy - original watercolor by Gretchen Kelly


12" x 12" watercolor + graphite on paper
This is a temporary photo taken with my phone at low res. My regular camera is malfunctioning. What a drag- I will re-shoot this painting asap. Guess I have to buy a new camera...
About this painting: while staying in Ct. for part of the week, my friend's little boy posed for me. But really, the portrait is from a photo because he could not stay in any position for longer than one minute, although he was trying to. He was so funny when I asked him to pose for me - I have no idea where he got the notion to strike a pose and come up with some very dramatic legs pointed towards the ceiling, which was priceless amd made me laugh hard. Unfortunately, I could not capture that and the camera wasn't quick enough either. But above is what I did capture...
$100.




No comments: