Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Teacup in the boudoir"- original watercolor by Gretchen Kelly


11" x 17" - watercolor, gouache, graphite on paper

From my ongoing series, the Boudoir project, my muse poses in a vintage chemise while sipping on tea. I love being led by my process. Serendipity is always there-this time in the form of a vintage garment which then leads me to follow a mood that strikes my fancy. I don't always know exactly what I am going to do until it happens while I am setting up with my model. She is very intuitive to my process and she will sometimes guide me. My job is to use my hands, eyes, and have a clear vision as to what I am seeing to put it down on the paper. I am doing + intuiting rather than thinking and planning. My work always comes out much better with less planning and fussing about the setup and garb or colors. I always paint within a short time frame also, which limits the fussing and planning.

For price: EMAIL ME!

No comments: