Friday, May 23, 2008

Sunset over Jersey - 7"x9" - gouache + dyes


Here is another from my series of sunsets painted while looking out from the Empire State Building over the Hudson towards New Jersey. I did this one and the one I posted yesterday about 10 years ago. I am currently laboriously framing lots of my work for a few upcoming shows. The Red Barn series, done this past winter is for a show in Rowayton, Ct. It is the annual CCNS show which is a fundraiser for their local co-op nursery school. Also, in Hudson, for a show of landscapes at our local CCCA. I will post info at a later date showing info on both of these. All that is to say these older paintings come in handy when I don't have anything that I painted today --- that is anything that I painted on paper or canvas. Because I do paint everyday (almost), just not always a flat painting or something that I would post on my blog as a daily painting. Sometimes I am painting "Best in Show" dogs like the ones seen in the side column widget. These dogs have taken up way too much of my time --- but they must get done. They have all been sponsored by local businesses throughout the county for this upcoming benefit auction that will donate to local charities. See this link: CCCA. - I was sponsored for five dogs. I have one more to do and then I am DONE! Finally - I have over-extended the deadline on these and am about a month late - but onward I go.And in addition to that I am always painting designs for dinnerware or home decor items. I will hopefully be getting back to some new daily paintings in a few days.

No comments: