Monday, October 08, 2007

STUDIO/GALLERY TOUR


AS MANY OF YOU KNOW THIS WEEKEND WAS THE LAST OF 2 WEEKENDS OF ARTSWALK IN HUDSON, NY.






Artswalk is the annual show in town and all Artists can show at the Pocketbook Factory open show. There are curated shows, performances, videos and photography. At the newly renovated Cannonball Factory there was a juried show and opening dinner party and auction in a dazzling raw space.







I HAD AN OPEN STUDIO AND GALLERY TOUR AT MY HOME.






I cleared, cleaned and painted and set up a "gorilla gallery" in a room in my basement that was perfect to hang my paintings, which is what you see below....


.




























BELOW ARE THE 2 LANDSCAPES AT THE POCKETBOOK FACTORY WHICH I SOLD!
I painted these back in March.















I was so happy to meet people that came to my studio and are patrons of the Arts and my Art! It was educational to talk to people I have not met before but who have followed my work on this blog and DPG site. It really is a pleasure to get the feedback in person and to see the face as opposed to the comments box on my blog. Don't get me wrong- I appreciate those just as much and please keep those coming.That is what is so cool about the blog- the interaction.
Well I am beat now from all the excitement and labor I put into this past week which was about a month of prep work. It is time to start conjuring the next creation .... Hudson's "Winter Walk" - maybe a show of my landscapes and some Holiday cards for sale......

1 comment:

n warner said...

Gretchen - WOW what a TON of work you put into this 'gorilla' artfare show.
The work looks great ganged up on the wall and you did a great job at the
assemblage framing. Having looked and looked at your art, I really wished I could have been there to meet and discuss. But the blogosphere will do for now.It looks like really great space for art and it's accompanying appreciators. Glad you sold some,
I liked those too! Bravissimo! Nina