Wednesday, May 23, 2007

LEAP OF FAITH 8"x11" watercolor & gold leaf on paper

When I woke up this morning I had a vivid image in my mind from the last dream that I had this morning. It was of these golden feet leaving the ground. I knew I would paint this for my blog today. It wasn't until I was painting it that I realized what the symbolism is - LEAP OF FAITH - so pertinent for me and many of my friends right now in our lives. We are always on our journeys. We should always be mindful of the LEAPS OF FAITH that we have to take in life to keep us going forward and to keep us in our creative processes.

4 comments:

Lisa Evans said...

Hi Gretchen,

I LOVE your painting this morning. It speaks to me in a very big and lovely way. If you change your mind and decide you'd like to sell it, I am very interested in purchasing it. Enjoy your day. Thank you for sharing your art with the world.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Once during a particularly stressful time I dreamed that I was standing on the ground, I'd reach up and do the "stretch for the stars" thing and float off the ground, I thought how is this happening, and I realized that I was floating through the power of my mind. This was a very powerful dream for me, and I have held tight to it for years,

GK said...

Lisa,
I would happily do a 2nd version of this for you. Email me if you are interested.....I was unable to reply back to you through blogger....
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Hi Gretchen,
Finally got a chacne to see what you've been up to with your painting blog--funny how enticing this painting is. Love Hudson River scene, shadow of yourself, and the black and white stripe painting. Nice to see how your "leap of faith"is developing.
Love, Other Dar
ps--prayers for Big Dar who is taking a major LOF at 12:30 tomorrow.