Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nude #106 - 8.5"x11" gouache,pencil on printed paper

SOLD
This is a study taken from my one minute gesture poses originally drawn in charcoal. These gesture poses offer me so much for what their simplicity shows on the surface. Here for the first time in my blog I am working with pattern - which is something I always work with and it's funny to see that in two months of blogging this is the first time I am incorporating it. I am a designer of ceramics, textiles and various surface design and love patterns. I still have more ideas to develop from these. They offer up a lot of possibility with color too.

2 comments:

Robin Weiss said...

The pattern adds alot to the overall cohesion of this painting. Nice work. saw you on daily painters.

Dawn Breeze said...

This is really beautiful, I love the varying degrees of opacity where you can see the pattern through her skin.